Welcome to Northside Scrap Metals, Inc.
We are a family owned business that has been serving the Greater Pittsburgh Area for over 50 years. We have served thousands of customers and kept millions of pounds of material out of landfills. Over the years we have perfected our system to ensure the recycling process is smooth and convenient for every customer. Our customers can always depend on accurate weights, honestly, competitive pricing, and fast payouts when they are doing business with us. We do not accept payment from our customer; we pay them with cash or check in-hand!
Northside Scrap Metals, Inc. is a family owned and locally operated business that has been operating on the north side of Pittsburgh since the turn of the 20th century. Paul Warhola started buying non-ferrous (non-magnetic) metals from tube city in the 1950's and would sort and clean the materials at a yard by his house in Jefferson Borough. The business continued to grow and Paul started his own scrap yard in Elizabeth in the early 1960's. Paul bought, The Mandel Company, in 1979 from Frank Mandel and enlisted the help of his sons George and Marty to help run the family business. Paul operated the scrap yards with his sons, George and Marty, until his retirement in 1986. Marty Warhola bought the Northside location in the early 1990's, condensed operations and currently oversees daily operations. Marty still treasures his dad's (Paul Warhola) advice on all issues. Martin Warhola has a business degree from Penn State University and has three children ages 21, 18 and 16. They work with their dad just as their father had done with his father.